Considering that marketing automation can increase conversion rates by 59%, it seems wise to automate workflows on your WordPress website.
Without the right WordPress automations at your disposal, you’re wasting time and money doing manual tasks that you could brush off your plate.
Building a strong repertoire of WordPress automation plugins, you’ll find that your WordPress site ticks over swimmingly, without the need for constant manual intervention.
When building your website, be sure to check out these 10 excellent WordPress automations to see how these extensions could make your life easier.
Why use WordPress automations?
WordPress automations are plugins that are designed to automate certain aspects of your WordPress website’s performance and sales funnels.
You may be manually updating extensions, pushing content, and communicating with customers. WordPress automations solve this.
Instead of manually completing these tasks, you can set WordPress automations to run these workflows without intervention.
Doing this saves a massive amount of time, as well as contributing to higher conversions thanks to consistency.
In this day and age, the top reasons to use automations are to save time, to increase lead generation, and to push revenue.
- Link builders
- Communication channels
- Website updates
- Spam control, and more
Here are the 10 best WordPress automations that make your life easier
Without automation tools, you’ll be wasting time with manual work you don’t need to do.
With a suite of cutting-edge WordPress automations, you’ll find that you increase your revenue and gain hours.
Here are 10 of the best WordPress automation available right now to give you a break from the minutiae.
Top WordPress Automation #1: Akismet
Automate spam checking with Akismet.
Akismet is a highly intuitive spam checking WordPress automation. This killer plugin scans all forms and comment sections to automatically check for spam.
The program blocks and deletes spam, to keep your website looking clean and fresh.
- Users enjoy a full status history for each comment and form to check historical spam decisions. This allows you to train the extension to filter better.
- The plugin is already installed in WordPress, you simply need to activate it. This makes it a breeze to set up.
- The streamlined interface is really easy to work with. Beginners will have no trouble deploying this WordPress plugin.
- While this automation plugin is free to use, the software will up-sell quite aggressively.
- Watch its decisions carefully as sometimes the algorithm is a bit too sensitive. Genuine comments may accidentally be marked as spam.
Top WordPress Automation #2: Google Analytics Dashboard Plugin by MonsterInsights
Monitor your WordPress website analytics with this Google Analytics plugin.
Google Analytics Dashboard Plugin by MonsterInsights is a comprehensive Google Analytics plugin.
This extension automates your website analytics by automatically recording and monitoring visitor behavior.
Use this plugin to check analytics, make reports, and monitor activity to drive e-commerce sales and customer engagement.
This is the most popular Google Analytics plugin for WordPress, with more than two million active installs. I also highly recommend downloading Google Analytics in my guide on starting a blog that you can check out here.
Google Analytics Pros
- This plugin adds the latest Google Analytics update to monitor every web page.
- The comprehensive dashboard makes it effortless to create visually dynamic reports.
- This plugin installs in just a few minutes and is quick to set up.
- Enjoy seven types of customisable reports on the dashboard.
Google Analytics Cons
- Some users complain that they keep getting booted out. This requires you to log in frequently.
- The plugin will try to up-sell premium packages.
Top WordPress Automation #3: ActiveCampaign
Streamline WordPress marketing automation with ActiveCampaign.
ActiveCampaign helps you to personalize your customer experience with WordPress marketing automation.
This plugin helps you to collect leads, integrate with your CRM and contract management software to send and close deals electronically, and send tailored marketing communication.
Nowadays, 55% of ecommerce marketers use automated software for email marketing, so a tool like ActiveCampaign is a must.
- Users enjoy site tracking to improve engagement rates.
- Use forms to add leads to ActiveCampaign CRM to automate customer relations management.
- Scale the personalized marketing touch using a wide range of dynamic customer experience automation tools.
- This plugin offers live chat functionality for consistent online customer support, 24/7.
- This plugin needs to update frequently. If you don’t update it, the plugin won’t work.
Top WordPress Automation #4: Gravity Forms
Build smart, professional online forms with Gravity Forms.
Gravity Forms provides an easy way to create advanced forms for your WordPress website.
With sophisticated forms, you can automate all kinds of data capture, lead generation, market research, and customer feedback.
Gravity Forms is an extremely popular form builder with a prestigious reputation.
Gravity Forms Pros
- The intuitive drag-and-drop form builder makes it simple to craft and publish slick WordPress forms in minutes.
- The form building tool integrates seamlessly with countless third-party apps, like MailChimp and Stripe.
- Tour the plugin with a free comprehensive demo. Learn how it works and the benefits it brings.
- There are 30+ templates to quickly build professional forms for your WordPress site.
- Users are sent handy email notifications to report on lead generation.
- Automate form delivery. Install this plugin to schedule forms to publish when required.
Gravity Forms Cons
- While this plugin has a free version, it’s limited. The full version starts at $59 per month.
Top WordPress Automation #5: RankMath
Rank Math is an SEO WordPress plugin that lets you easily optimize posts and pages through built-in suggestions based on widely-accepted best practices.
Big companies such as Moz, Ahrefs, Hubspot are endorsing RankMath.
- This tool supports schema for 15 data types
- Is Gutenberg ready
- It integrates with Google Search Console
- Automatically runs 30 extremely helpful SEO tests to ensure your site has been configured properly.
- SEO Analysis score
- Users don’t seem to complain about RankMath, it seems some of them are even migrating from YoastSEO to RankMath
Top WordPress Automation #6: CoSchedule
Automate social sharing with CoSchedule.
CoSchedule is a full stack social sharing automation plugin.
Use the advanced editorial calendar to schedule social media sharing across all platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- You can plan social posts and craft email campaigns easily in the sleek dashboard
- Team members can share tasks and coordinate resources in the app
- Use CoSchedule to automatically monitor your social traffic
- Organize your team, time, and documents with the asset organizer, work organizer, content organizer, and social organizer features
- The plans are a bit pricey if you’re on a budget
- As soon as the free trial finishes, you’ll be bombarded with up-selling
Top WordPress Automation #7: Smush
Automate web performance optimization with Smush.
Turn on lazy load, and enjoy automatic image resizing, compression, and improvement for faster WordPress website performance.
- The Lossless Compression features means you can compress images without compromising image quality.
- The plugin will automatically identify and locate indirectly sized images. This increases page speed by decreasing image size.
- Process all PNG, JPEG, and GIF files using Smush.
- Enjoy no yearly, monthly, or daily caps on images up to 5MB forever. This means free image optimization for smaller files.
- Be careful with pricing. Charges are high for image optimization in files of over 5MB.
- Compression can be a bit slow.
Top WordPress Automation #8: Hummingbird Pro
Website performance is crucial. Ideally, your website should load under 3 seconds, but 6 can be acceptable.
A low page loading speed can affect conversion rates on your website.
This is why a tool such as Hummingbird comes in handy.
This plugin improves website performance and fixes your Google PageSpeed with its full WordPress speed optimization suite.
Hummingbird Pro Pros
- Improves performance significantly
- Is an all-in-one WordPress stack that covers your security, CDN, image optimization, performance
- It gives you better control over your website performance
Hummingbird Pro Cons
- It might require a bit more technical knowledge
Top WordPress Automation #9: Tidio
Automate customer support interactions with Tidio.
Tidio is a messenger chatbot plugin that offers automated support on your website.
Visitors can interact with your chatbot at any hour of the day or night to ask questions and seek assistance.
Use your chatbot to promote products and solve problems automatically, saving money on human support. Just be sure to check out the most common live chat mistakes to avoid in this article.
- This chatbot plugin integrates with Facebook Messenger but can be used even if Messenger is offline.
- Omnichat technology means that customers can chat in the native messenger that they already use.
- Enable 24/7 interactions with customers with an intelligent chatbot that improves user experience.
- Access to visitor information such as their IP addresses, location, and browser used.
- The plugin keeps contacts and chat history forever so you can monitor feedback and train your chatbot.
- It’s easy to integrate this plugin with a wealth of popular tools and apps.
- To automate phone and text message (SMS) support, it needs to be integrated with a third-party application
Top WordPress Automation #10: Easy Updates Manager
Keep all your plugins updated automatically with Easy Updates Manager.
As you can see, some WordPress automation plugins crash if they aren’t updated.
Solve this problem with Easy Updates Manager. Automate plugin updates to ensure your site is running effectively at all times.
Easy Updates Manager Pros
- Users can choose between multisite and single installation.
- This automation plugin means users enjoy one-click updates.
- You can customize which updates you want to automate and which you do manually.
- It’s straightforward to disable automatic updates if your situation changes.
- The dashboard makes it simple to check which automated updates are working and to view comprehensive reports on updates.
Easy Updates Manager Cons
- Users don’t rate the support team, complaining of slow response times, and lack of responses.
Use these 10 brilliant WordPress plugins to automate your website for smoother day-to-day maintenance and performance.
This is not an exclusive list. You’ll find endless automation plugins for all aspects of your brand’s website and marketing funnels. Automating workflows will save time and money while keeping your website up-to-date.