Needless to say, at its launch, WordPress was far from ideal. However, an ecosystem was built along the way, with themes, plugins, and page builders that now power up to 40% of all the websites on the Internet. WordPress has gone a long way, but it was well worth it.
Now, what’s the thing with page builders?
Well, with a WordPress page builder now any person can launch a website without any deep knowledge in coding and specific developers’ skills. Being a simple, customized, and easy-to-use tool, the page builder is an irreplaceable assistant in the website’s successful launching and managing process.
And that’s why it is crucial to learn how to choose the best of the best for creating your WordPress website, analyze all the pros and cons of each, and find out the main pitfalls you can face during the web design process.
The Benefits of Using WordPress Page Builders
Reducing Efforts Needed for Building a Website
Website builders significantly reduce the time and effort needed for web page launching and managing which is one of the main reasons for website builders’ popularity. So, the main ingredients for launching a website are:
- a good domain name
- a web host
- a WordPress theme
- a good WordPress builder.
No Coding Knowledge Needed
The certain templates you have already created for your website will help you to expand the current website resources and get rid of some complications you can face during the website coding. It goes without saying, if something brings more difficulties than happiness (like the bad code you cannot fix while developing your webpage), it can easily make a person give up on this idea without getting any result.
Variety of Customization Options
Last but not least is that the pre-made templates allow you to easily put and change all the information needed, and the customization options will significantly help you to make the website stand out from competitors of the same area.
The Most Popular Page Builders in the WordPress Ecosystem
In short, for your convenience, we have compared the most popular options available to find the best WordPress page builders, which can significantly simplify the process of the webpages’ launching and consequently improve your website performance and development.
Of course, choosing the most comfortable website creating tool depends on the peculiarities of your webpages, the targets you want to achieve with their creation, and more. That is why we want you to have a look at the strong and weak points of each website builder for WordPress to find the most beneficial and convenient for you.
Offering a lot of visual features, this webpage builder is a great tool for launching an amazing and complex website. It works hand in hand with the Colibri WordPress theme, which has over 50.000 active installs, being listed in the top 20 most popular WordPress themes.
The most useful benefits of this builder are:
- Colibri WP has 90+ website templates available if you do not want to start a website from scratch. The templates come from a wide variety of niches: business, health, arts, and more.
- Colibri WP has hundreds of pre-designed blocks and components ready to be used. Whether you want to create a portfolio section, a team, or a gallery section, you can choose from these designer-made modules. The great thing about these modules is that they adjust to any color scheme you choose.
- When you register for a Colibri WP cloud account you’ll be able to store your own templates, edit and redesign them if needed anytime and anywhere.
- Work Within a Single Interface. This is a really powerful feature. You can edit your whole website from header to footer, without having to make additional edits inside the WordPress dashboard.
- You do not need any coding skills to design a website. But, in case you’re an HTML and CSS geek, you can definitely get creative with styling.
- The websites you create with Colibri are responsive out-of-the-box. Text editing happens in-line, real-time.
What else you need to know about Colibri is that it has a free and paid plan. With the free plan, you can design a simple one-page site, while with the paid features you can go wild.
Both free and paid versions provide their users with a powerful, simple, and fast interface for your convenient website launching. Among the main advantages of this builder you can see the following:
- Elementor is a drag and drop builder. Because of this feature, you can save lots of time with your website design.
- Elementor has tons of templates you can choose from.
- Elementor works with tens of WordPress themes.
- Elementor has a massive widget library to choose from. Only with a free version, you get access to as many as 30 widgets, and a Pro version grants you access to even a more extensive selection.
- Elementor has responsive editing power. With Elementor page builder you can customize your site to any platform without knowing a single line of code. All you need to do is to click on the responsive icon and apply the modification accordingly.
- Elementor offers a wide selection of special unique motion effects and animations that give your website a professional feel. These are some of the popular effects you can easily utilize with Elementor: Box Shadows, Hover Effects, Shape Dividers Headline Effects, and more.
This webpage builder is a brilliant option for beginners and advanced users, and here are the reasons why you can like it:
- Divi offers drag and drop functionality. It significantly simplifies the process of page creation and reduces the time needed for that.
- Divi template library is considered to be one of the best ones on the market as it has over 800 pre-made designs and 100+ full website packs that you can choose from.
- Divi WordPress Builder offers more than 45 various content modules including a text editor, contact forms, pricing tables, and even an audio player.
- With Divi, you can save and manage an unlimited amount of custom designs. Thanks to this feature, you can utilize pre-made designs to create a new page in the same style.
- Divi has an A/B testing feature. Divi Leads is an incredibly useful and easy-to-use A/B testing feature. It helps you run split tests of different versions of your design to see which one performs better.
- Divi has an in-build code editing feature that allows you to write code on a specific page. It finds and reports errors, highlights syntax, and has an auto-completion option.
WordPress page builders can assist any novice in building a website. With drag and drop features, no coding needed, tens of templates available, anyone can build a website from scratch.
Honestly, designing a website hasn’t been easier than now. Probably the hard part comes after your website launch: growing your website and getting in front of the target audience.
Until then, good luck with your design!
Eliza Medley is a freelance writer and editor. She specializes in content related to digital marketing, SEO, SMM, and eCommerce. Always keeping up with modern trends, she inspires people to keep learning.